Article: Asian Americans Online
Among the findings in a new report from the Pew Internet Project called "Asian-Americans and the Web: The Young and the Connected," is the fact that Asian-Americans who speak English are more experienced and active Internet users than whites, African-Americans, or Hispanics. The study shows that about three-quarters of Asian-American adults have gone online, a significantly greater rate than the 58% of white adults, the 50% of Hispanic adults, and the 43% of African-American adults who have done so.
- 70% of Asian-American Internet users are online on a typical day. This is much higher than any other English speaking ethnic or racial group.
- About half of Asian-American users have been online for more than three years; 80% have been using the Web for two or more years
- Asian-American Internet users are more likely to have a college degree and a higher income.
- 63% of the Asian-American Internet population them are between the ages of 18 and 34.
- 34% get the day's news online
- 20% seek financial information on a typical day
- 19% look for political news and information on a daily basis. These rates are all higher than their peers.
Tom Spooner, the principal author of the report, says "Clearly, Asian-Americans have enthusiastically brought the Internet deeply into their daily lives..."
Find out more at: http://www.pewinternet.org/reports/toc.asp?Report=52
Back to: How to Advertise with Us